With warm temperatures and bright blue skies, spring puts everyone in the mood to celebrate. Whether you’re planning an outdoor happy hour with the neighbors, or you’re watching March Madness games with the family, we’ve got a quick and easy recipe that everyone will love. All you need is a sheet pan.
Sheet pan meals are all the rage for good reason. Since your ingredients are piled on one pan and baked together, they’re crazy-easy to prepare. And the biggest bonus is that clean-up is a breeze.
Nachos are a classic sheet pan meal or snack. They’re always an excellent choice for a quick dinner, an appetizer, or for a fun snack to enjoy with friends or family while watching a game. We put the Rubio’s twist on this fan-favorite and make them with marinated chili garlic shrimp. The shrimp cook in minutes as the cheese melts. Drizzle a little (or a lot) of the avocado lime crema over these shrimp nachos for a spicy-cool kick.
Sheet Pan 3 Cheese Shrimp and Avocado Nachos
Avocado Lime Crema
- 1 cup (8 oz.) crushed canned tomatillos
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup packed fresh cilantro
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½-1 diced jalapeno depending on desired heat level
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic
Chili Garlic Shrimp
- ¾ lb. medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 12 oz. tortilla chips
- 5 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups jack cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup black beans, drained
- ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 avocados, cubed
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Take half the chips and place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 cup of jack cheese and ½ cup of white cheddar over the chips. Layer the remaining chips over the top and sprinkle with 1 cup of white cheddar and 2 cups of jack cheese. Sprinkle the black beans over the top.
- Spread the raw marinaded shrimp over the top of the chips with cheese. Sprinkle the cotija cheese over the top of the shrimp and bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is fully melted and the shrimp is 145° F.
- Drizzle ½ cup of the avocado lime crema over the top of the chips. Sprinkle the diced avocado, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro over the top. Serve immediately and enjoy.