Cooking that perfect piece of fish can be tricky but nailing a crave-worthy, simple marinade to enhance the flavor doesn’t have to be! May we present to you, the easiest fish marinade that will satisfy your taste buds.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Two 5-8oz. pieces of quality seafood: We suggest wild-caught Mahi Mahi, wild-caught Salmon or Atlantic farm raised Salmon
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of lemon zest (optional)
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. or ¼ cup of olive oil or refined coconut oil.
Now that you have all the required ingredients, you’re ready to create your marinade!
Here are the steps:
- Set your selected seafood aside
- Using a mixing bowl or blender, mix all of the above ingredients together
- Coat the fish with your delicious mixture, making sure it is generously coated
- Once done, transfer the fish and any remaining marinade to a plastic bag or flat bottomed container
- Place your bag or container into your refrigerator for at least an hour, or leave it to soak up those flavors for up to 6 hours!
There you have it: the perfect marinade to complement your next seafood dish. Now, if you’re wondering how to cook your marinated fish, we’ve got you covered! We sat down with Rubio’s Culinary Director to get his tips for how to cook an amazing piece of fish. Read all about it here.