A New Year is all about fresh starts and intentions. If eating healthier and more sustainable plant-based meals is at the top of your list, you’ll love what Rubio’s has in store for you in this New Year.
We’re thrilled to now offer Impossible™ seasoned meat made from plants as a protein option on existing menu items as well as our new Taco Salad made with Impossible™ protein – the delicious “meat” made from plants, for meat lovers. Impossible™ meat is a delicious and nutritious meat alternative that provides the same amount of protein as ground beef, but with fewer calories, no cholesterol, and of course, no antibiotics or animal hormones. Eating more plant-based meals has so many benefits for your health, and this makes it easy for everyone.
Impossible™ meat is also a sustainable food option, so it’s better for the environment. It uses 87% less water, 96% less land, and generates 89% fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to beef from cows.
We can’t wait for you to try Impossible™ seasoned meat made from plants in our new Impossible™ Taco Salad and on our signature entrees.
And if you want to try an easy, sustainable and plant-based meal at home, these tasty Impossible™ Tacos with Cilantro Lime Creamy Cashew Sauce are sure to please every member of your family.
with a Cilantro Lime Creamy Cashew Sauce
Makes 12 tacos (Serves 4-6 people)
- 2 lbs. Impossible™ meat
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 12 corn tortillas
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Red onion, minced
- Lime wedges
Cashew Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 3 cups unsalted roasted cashews
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups water
- 5 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 deseeded and destemmed jalapeno, to taste
Impossible Taco Seasoning
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 5 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- In a medium bowl, cover the cashews with boiling water until completely submerged. Let soak for a minimum of 3 hours, but optimally overnight. Drain, rinse and place in a food processor or blender.
- Add the lime juice, water, salt, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, garlic and jalapeno. Blend until smooth.
- Mix the chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, salt and paprika in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix the Impossible™ meat with 4 tbsp of the taco seasoning.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of cooking oil over medium high heat. Add the Impossible™ meat to the skillet and spread into an even layer. Cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, chopping into pieces with a spatula. The Impossible™ meat is cooked thoroughly once there is no visible red.
- Add cooked Impossible™ meat to each corn tortilla and garnish with the cilantro lime cashew sauce, grape tomato pieces, cilantro and onion. Serve the tacos with a lime wedge.