Halloween is the most magical time of the year for both the kiddos and kids at heart. Of course, there’s the candy, but it’s also about the crafts, the decorations, the creative Halloween-themed treats, and most importantly, the costumes.
Whether the kids are going out with friends, you’re trick-or-treating as a family, or you need a clever idea for an adult party, a costume theme is always fun. This year, we’re thinking Mexican fiesta and tacos! Check out some of the creative taco-themed ideas we’ve rounded up for you.
DIY costume ideas:
- If you’re at all crafty and handy, let’s taco ‘bout how cute and colorful this no-sew taco costume is! Complete with lettuce, cheese and tomatoes, it’s so bright and eye-catching. Grab your hot glue gun and some felt from a fabric or craft store and follow the easy step-by-step instructions.
- Does your family love all things avocado? If so, this group avocado and egg toast costume theme is so much fun – especially if there’s a mama-to-be in the group. All you need is a roll of 2-inch thick foam, some paint and scissors.
- Every party needs a pinata, right? If you have some time and a good pair of scissors, this bright and colorful pinata costume is sure to be a hit. Check out the video for the easy DIY instructions.
Keep it simple costume ideas:
A special thanks to Amazon and party stores for those of us who aren’t all that crafty or don’t have enough time to make a costume. Here are a few fun Mexican food-inspired ideas to look for at your local party store or buy online.
- Love the taco idea but no time to DIY? Here’s one that’s already made for you.
- You’ll want to eat your tiniest trick-or-treater right up when they’re decked out in this adorable baby avocado costume.
- Of course, we’re crazy about this adult fish taco costume, which goes especially well with a Mexican beer costume.
- And don’t leave your furry friends out of the festivities! They’ll fit right in with the theme when dressed in this Mexican serape costume or taco costume.
Once you decide on your costumes for the big night, continue the theme right into dinner. Stop by Rubio’s for a quick and tasty fish taco before or after trick-or-treating and show us how you love tacos!