If you know anything about Rubio’s, you know we like our salads big, full of eye-popping color and amazing flavors. And of course, a salad that’s packed with protein from seafood is even better. This hearty Chipotle Honey Salmon Taco Salad recipe completely hits the mark.
Seafood taco salad is a perfect solution when you can’t decide if you’re craving seafood, tacos, or salad. We love the rich flavor of wild salmon, but you can also substitute any fish or shrimp. This salad is easy to prepare and packed with protein and lots of good-for-you ingredients.
The chipotle peppers and honey in the vinaigrette are a sweet-smoky match made in heaven. The flavors are inspired by the honey-chipotle seasoned Wild-Caught Red Argentinian Shrimp featured on our menu this spring. You might want to make an extra batch and pour it on everything!
Try this fresh, tasty recipe for dinner this week.
Chipotle Honey Salmon Taco Salad
Servings: 2 Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 10 min
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2small garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 (6 ounces) pieces of Wild Salmon (or fish of choice)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp of each salt and pepper (or enough to your liking)
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ lemon
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ small onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup corn, (fresh, drained from can or frozen)
- ½ cup can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ½ avocado, sliced or diced
- ½ cup queso fresco
- 1 cup lightly crumbled corn tortilla chips
- 2 jalapenos thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 lime slices
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or mini food processor and process until smooth
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Stir together the garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; rub in equal amounts onto the salmon fillets.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat in a skillet
- Cook the salmon in the oil until browned and flaky, about 5 minutes per side.
- Turn off heat and add butter and the juice of half a lemon over the fish.
- Spoon the melted butter and lemon juice over the salmon.
- Serve on top of taco salad.
- Assemble salad ingredients in a large serving bowl and equally distribute onto two bowls.
- Top each with chopped cilantro and crumbled tortilla chips.
- Place 1 piece of salmon on each bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over the top of the salad and enjoy!